Full name:  
Password:  
Register 
It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Twin Cities - AV:T, every other Sat at Village Games
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:27 pm 

We are doing a make-up session this Sat, Dec 5 as everyone else decided that they wanted to appease their wives and do "family" stuff over the holidays. :lol:

Mike

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:29 pm 

My opponent this last Sat had not played for 5 weeks, so he was a little rusty.

We did the Salidin Incident. I flew the Salidin and he flew the Warsprite. After fuel bidding, the Warsprite was heading in direction E/F at a rate of about 7 hexes/turn. The Salidin was heading in the DC+ direction at around 9 hexes/turn. The ships started around 35 hexes away from each other.

Right away, the Warsprite started spitting out 2 100-kg impactors/segment at the Salidin. After launching a few rounds, the Warsprite also launched both of its missiles (Burn 5). In reaction the Salidin pitched up to +++ and started the long process of sniping and dodging the incoming rounds.

The Salidin sent a tri-missile (Burn 1) with 50-kg impactors toward the Warprite and then started a roll to bring the other tri-missile launcher (The one with the nukes) into arc. (The captain of the Salidin curses the ship designer who put the Tri-Missile launchers in the rear of the ship with narrow arcs....)

The Warsprite ran low on ammo with its facing CG, so it started to roll and pitch to bring a fresh CG to bear. The Salidin took advantage of this to launch 2 of its nukes at the Warsprite (on consecutive segments). One missile managed to deploy before the Warsprite's lasers came back into arc. The Warsprite shot the other missile down, using its SLRS's at full power to do so.

The surviving missile sprouted 17 decoys and a 1.5 Nuke spread across 3 shellstar zones. The Warspite's ZDPBs almost managed to take out the nuke (It guessed the right zone), but it made both of its survival rolls.

I rolled extremely well with the nuke and ended up with a Blast Value of 9. More importantly, it impacted 1 window below the nose of the Warsprite. This meant that it affected a total of 7 zones. 3 of which had an armor of 1 and 2 of which had an armor of 0. During the armor ablation step, the Warsprite ended taking a total of 12 SI hits. My opponent failed the second survival roll (5+) and the Warsprite vanished into a nuclear fireball.

With the Warsprite out of the way, the Salidin was able to intercept the convoy.

End result, the Salidin was unharmed, but expended 3 Tri-Missiles, which included 2 of its 3 nukes.

Next session is in 6 day (12/12) at 12:30pm. I have a potential new player showing up, so it will likely be a teaching day for me while the other 2 run through the Salidin Incident.

Mike

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:54 pm 

We seemed to have gained a new player. Tom joined us and was shooting lasers before he had to leave to go shopping with his wife.

Next session is Dec 26. We are talking about moving to Sundays to better facilitate the "wife situations".

Mike Z

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:58 pm 

Next Session, Jan 9th.

For faster game play, please bring a tablet (or laptop) with good battery life.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:19 pm 

Four of us last time: Me, Kyle, Dave, and Josh.

Josh is a staff member at Village Games and was interested in trying the game out, so I lent him one of my spare rulebooks.

As it was Josh's first time and we haven't played for a month due to holidays and sickness, we did a 4-way, beam-only, free-for-all with random ships. (The store was rather crowed this last weekend. If it was a more typical crowd, I would have included seekers as well).

I really wasn't paying attention when I selected ship for myself, so I ended up with a York. Oh joy, a Gunboat armed with only Katyushas in a Beams-Only game.

Josh blew me up during the first turn with a long range shot that did a single point of damage. (rolled 0 on the soak roll and then failed the survival roll from the SI hit)

Next session is on the Jan 23.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:49 pm 

No Attack Vector this weekend due to it being a Magic Pre-release weekend. I need to stay flexible to handle store issues.

We should be continuing the Raider Campaign April 16.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:26 am 

What's going on in the Raider campaign, anyhow?

No, really.

Stop laughing.