Full name:  
Password:  
Register 
It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Weekend at the Warehouse
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 3:12 pm 

Ended up with only three of us playing because two people said, "Hey, you've got a huge group, so we're going to work on something else." One person had a family emergency, and one didn't connect with us. That said, the teaching session for two novices went very well--they both felt that they could break it out later and make it work by keeping the rules at hand for the first turn or two. A lot of it was just seeing the concepts in action and understanding them.

The game itself went OK. I failed to start maneuvering early enough and it turned into a high-speed drive-by with a tsunami of coilgun rounds. I thinned the wave by about 2/3 and managed to survive all of the impacts, merely losing all of my weapons except point defense. Oh, and Life Support was knocked out and the repair supplies were destroyed ... Yeah, I really needed Rob to rendezvous with me to help out after the battle. Meanwhile, Rob put an alpha strike into the belly of John's ship which bored all the way through and blasted out the top armor ... The most important damage was a hit to the bridge, which meant that anything John tried to do had a 10% chance of failing. Ansecond Bridge hit would finish off the bridge, which professionals refer to as "not good." Given that, his high velocity, and his fuel expenditure so far, John decided to just keep going and disengage. Both side had scored damage, buy there was no decisive victory.

No, really.

Stop laughing.