Full name:  
Password:  
Register 
It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Store pictures
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:58 pm 

Is it just me or is there a serious lack of closeup images of most of the products in the store? I was browsing and I see lots of interesting products but hardly any of them actually show what they look like.

I am wondering if I am somehow having them blocked by my browser or router but they do have the little no image available tag so....

Thanks for any info

Post subject: Re: Store pictures
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:11 pm 

Ronald Stepp wrote:
Is it just me or is there a serious lack of closeup images of most of the products in the store? I was browsing and I see lots of interesting products but hardly any of them actually show what they look like.

I am wondering if I am somehow having them blocked by my browser or router but they do have the little no image available tag so....

Thanks for any info

At some point in the near future, we're going to start running a gift certificate program for people to send us pictures of painted minis to put in the store. Everything's been approved, it's just a matter of getting the announcement going.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:12 pm 

Excellent! I saw a good tool at Wal Mart, it's a light box for posing and taking pictures of things to post images of on EBay.. should work good for posing miniatures for good lighting exposures.

No offense but some of the ninja miniature stands accessory shots were very grainy looking and kind of did those awesome miniatures a disservice.

Once I get my set of AV:Tactical and figure out which miniatures I want to start with, I'll dust off my kodak digital camera and try my hand at some pics.

Have a good one!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:09 am 

That's a big seconding over here... Mainly because when I'm done (gods above willing by the end of May) Admirals Genevieve Chin and Mark Sarnow will get their moment in the sun...

Note: Dollarton-Proxima Yards makes no assurances as to completion of fleet elements beyond Soonâ„¢. Please contact your local yard representative for more details.