Password:  
Register 
It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Quick Rulebook question
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 2:00 pm 

Hey!

Woo Woo.. just got my AV:T boxed set, had a quick question.. I had a partial section I had downloaded, the tutorial pdf with the A rules section... it was partially in color like the little sidebars that were a really nice shade of blue..

Are the rulebook sidebars supposed to be ALL in shades of grey, and they aren't real crisp, it's almost like the printer started to run out of ink and switched over to greyscale and even that was a tiny bit blurry.. legible but not near as pretty as the tutorial pdf I downloaded. I'm sorely tempted to copy everything into microsoft publisher and redo the entire rulebook the way the tutorial looked.

Love the cover of the core rulebook (compared to the inside, heh heh) and the laminated hex diagram cards though and the little box mini sheets are nice. Hmmm, which minatures to order first?

I'm going to be doing lots of reading the next couple weeks and maybe I can get my brother to learn to, though he is of the spoiled world of warcraft generation that wants pretty graphics with everything.. not sure if he has the patience to go P&P.

Have a good one...

Post subject: Re: Quick Rulebook question
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 2:08 pm 

Ronald Stepp wrote:
Hey!

Woo Woo.. just got my AV:T boxed set, had a quick question.. I had a partial section I had downloaded, the tutorial pdf with the A rules section... it was partially in color like the little sidebars that were a really nice shade of blue..

They were laid out in blue waaay back in the day. And laid out in a way that changing that shade of blue is a pain in the butt, which means they're hard to update for grayscale printing.

At some point - not sure when - I'll be putting the AV:T Deluxe Ship Control Cards to press. When that happens, we'll probably re-do the book layout and release a "Deluxe rulebook" with color printing as an option.

However, that's if/when we put the deluxe ship control cards out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 2:40 pm 

Roge.. yeah some of the sections in the rulebook are a tad difficult to read, should have just went with a line border and skipped that awful grey tone.

But heck, no biggie, I've printed some PDF's out in the past and I respect how hard it is to get stuff to look nice when you have lots of line graphics mixed in. I did a menu for a local Trifecta restaurant and the damn bunny rabbit logo was hell to recreate from the old beat up and nasty little line drawing they had online, damn thing looked like a rat for the longest time, but stubborn persistence, illustrator, respect for bezier curves and a good monitor won out in the end.

Thanks for the info, have a good one..