Password:  
Register 
It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Question--and suggestions--on shipping
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:45 pm 

Ken,

Let me first introduce myself very briefly. I'm a lifelong space geek living in Atlanta, Georgia, deeply excited by the freebies I've been able to download from your website, and eagerly awaiting my copy of Attack Vector: Tactical (which I hope I can someday refer to by the insider tag of AV:T).

I was a little cautious about posting this message, since I've been skimming through some of the postings on this board related to the Honor Harrington product, and I genuinely sympathize with the hell of shipping new product...but I don't see anyone posting similar questions about Attack Vector, so I feel compelled to mention my plight.

I placed a web order for Attack Vector: Tactical on the 16th of October, and I haven't heard anything since. Is it safe to assume that the supply chain hell tying up the Saganami Island game is also keeping my order on the far side of the Mason-Dixon line, or should I be worried that it has simply fallen through the cracks?

I'm happy to wait--please don't misunderstand me--but it would be really groovy to know that I'm not waiting in vain.

This may not be the best time or venue, but I'm going to take the liberty of poking my nose in and making two quick suggestions regarding your shipping.

First, I think it would be tremendously helpful if you were simply able to place a note on your website to the effect that you're slammed with orders and working double shifts and all, but the product is still liable to take four weeks...or eight weeks...or twelve...to go out the door. I've paid for products I wanted, knowing there was a wait, and I've been, if anything, all the more thrilled once they finally came. I recently bought a groovy ultra-thin wallet that was "supposed" to take six weeks, came in four: I was thrilled. But let that "two day" car repair stretch into a second week...you know what I mean. Just let people know when they place their orders, and it will probably cut down on everyone's stress.

Second, I tried sending an email or two to the address listed on the orders section of the webpage, and got no response there, either. This is actually a bigger problem. It makes it seem like you're just ignoring your customers, and, after exploring this forum, I know that isn't the case. Best would be if you could monitor and answer messages to that email address. But if you can't, _take it off the site_. Please. Tell people to go to the forums and post a message there. Do something other than give us a brick wall.

As I said, I'm really eager to see my copy of Attack Vector. I know the stress on your end must be taking a toll, but I hope it's worth it for you. I hope it's still _fun_. I need you to stay alive and entertained long enough to publish High Trader, Fleets, Operations, and the Ground Combat game! (If you want to make some actual _money_ from the Honor Harrington line, that's OK by me, too--even though that's never been quite my cup of tea.)

All the best,

Craig

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:05 pm 

Craig,

It's nice to know that I'm not the only one having problems with an order. I have been running into that brick wall you mentioned.

I read about Attack Vector: Tactical on another Website over a month ago and was extremely interested in the game. It sounded like something I would enjoy playing. I also read through several online reviews and they were all positive. I was really excited about the game's possibilities, so I decided to purchase a copy for myself.

My local comics/gaming store didn't have any copies of the game. I found several copies for sale on Amazon.com, eBay, etc., but I decided to buy directly from Ad Astra Games. I am regretting that decision because I am basically in the same situation that you are in.

I ordered a copy of Attack Vector: Tactical on October 5. Since there was no shipping notices on the product's page, I assumed (obviously incorrectly) that it was "In Stock" and would ship within a reasonable amount of time. I received no confirmation e-mail at the time of my purchase. Not even an automated response from the Ad Astra Web site. I only received the standard PayPal transaction e-mail.

So I waited.

A couple weeks later, I had still not received the game. I had never received any e-mails from Ad Astra confirming the order or indicating a delay in shipment. I was concerned that something may have happened with my order. So I sent an e-mail to the addresses listed in the PayPal transaction details (2 different e-mail addresses) asking for a staus of my order. And the waiting game started again. About a week or so later, I still had not received the game and I had not received any responses to my e-mail.

I sent a second e-mail to the two e-mail addresses from the PayPal transaction and also to another address I found on the Website. That was almost two weeks ago. Still no game and still no replies to any of my e-mails. And still no e-mails confirming the order or giving me a shipping status.

I would still like a copy of the game, but at this point, all of the enthusiasm I had for trying the game is basically gone.

I'm aware that the folks at Ad Astra Games are swamped trying to release their new game, but I didn't order the new game. And I'm very busy too and I don't have time to read posts on these forums in hopes of finding a nugget of info that may indicate when I might receive the game. I also don't have time to hang around online waiting for somebody from the company to pop up on AIM (I saw this suggesting in another thread) so I can ask about the status of my order.

Craig has made valid points and excellent suggestions. I hope they are taken seriously. If not, well then new customers will not be repeat customers. Because I am a new customer and I am not happy.

It's been over a month and Ad Astra Games has my money, but I have not received the game and my e-mails have gone unanswered. I'm hoping there will be a response to this thread (or one of my original e-mail) so I can at least find out when the order will be shipped.

If I don't receive the game or there isn't a response to my attempts at communication soon, I will be forced to file a complaint with PayPal and try to go through their resolution process. I don't want to do that and I'm sorry if it sounds a bit harsh, but I've been burned in the past on a couple of online orders. And I have no interest losing $60+ on this purchase. And the 45 day limit on filing a claim is fast approaching.

I would sincerely like to get this resovled. I still have an interest in the game and would like a copy to try out. And I'm hoping that some changes are made to the Ad Astra Games Website and how communications are handled to avoid problems like this in the future.

I would like to be a repeat customer.

Thanks,

Kevin Casto

Post subject: A reply...
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:56 pm 

Kevin:

I found out today that Scott could not access the sales@adastragames.com account - and hasn't been able to since shortly after I handed it over to him on September 10th.

I will be spending this evening going through ALL the emails in that account (they're archived on the server) and cross checking them with PayPal, and sending a reply to every single question.

This is turning into one of those "God, I just wanted to write games..." days.

You have my apologies for the delays.

We WILL get this straightened out.

(It also doesn't help that somehow, PayPal has listed an email address I havn't had for close to 7 years somewhere and people respond to it.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:29 am 

Ken,

Thanks very much for the quick reply. I'm sorry to hear about the technical problems, but I understand all too well. I'm in IT so I'm all to familiar with the headaches computers and software can cause.

If I can just get a status on my order here or in e-mail that would be great. It was the lack of responses to my e-mails that was causing me the headaches and worry.

I still think Attack Vector: Tactical sounds like a great game and I'm still more than willing to wait for it. And if it's as good as I've heard, I will definitely be considering buying other supplements and additions to the game.

Sorry if I added to your stress level.

Thanks again,

Kevin

Post subject: So...about that order...
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:19 am 

Ken,

I hate to be a pest, but I am still trying to get an answer to the following questions:

1. Can you confirm that you have received my order of October 16?
2. Is there some reason, other than being totally slammed with the SITS release, that it has not shipped (e.g., out of stock, missing components...)?
3. Can you give me any estimate at all of when I might expect to see my shipment?

I'm sorry if I seem a little tetchy here, but it is now one month since I paid for a copy of AV:T. I have emailed several addresses listed by your company as points of contact, without so much as a whisper in reply. It is six days since I originally posted to this forum, and I'm still waiting for a meaningful response on the status of my order. Throw me a rope here!

Yours,

Craig Bryant

Post subject: Re: So...about that order...
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:46 am 

Craig Kenneth Bryant wrote:
Ken,

I hate to be a pest, but I am still trying to get an answer to the following questions:

1. Can you confirm that you have received my order of October 16?

Yes, we have.

Quote:
2. Is there some reason, other than being totally slammed with the SITS release, that it has not shipped (e.g., out of stock, missing components...)?

Components are in stock. We have completed games on the shelf, last I heard. The problem is that we havn't torn open the shelved games for rulebook replacements yet (We had a batch of bad rulebooks with font corruption), due to SITS assembly issues.

Quote:
3. Can you give me any estimate at all of when I might expect to see my shipment?

Email me with your shipping address - I will ship you a "replacement" set of rulebooks from my stock and tell Scott to ship you one of the "potentially" bad games in today's outgoing mail.

And being testy is understandable.

Trust me - I wish I were in a position to directly solve the problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:48 am 

Kevin Casto wrote:
Ken,

Thanks very much for the quick reply. I'm sorry to hear about the technical problems, but I understand all too well. I'm in IT so I'm all to familiar with the headaches computers and software can cause.

If I can just get a status on my order here or in e-mail that would be great. It was the lack of responses to my e-mails that was causing me the headaches and worry.

I still think Attack Vector: Tactical sounds like a great game and I'm still more than willing to wait for it. And if it's as good as I've heard, I will definitely be considering buying other supplements and additions to the game.

Sorry if I added to your stress level.

Thanks again,

Kevin

Kevin - see the message above. Send me your mailing address and I will be sending out a set of replacement rulebooks to you today, and tell Scott to send a potentially bad completed AV:T.

Post subject: Shipping address
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:06 am 

Ken,

Thank you very much for the quick response. Between that, and just getting my 20th bag of cat food free at the local pet store, I'm having a real good morning.

I don't actually know the best email to use for reaching you, so let me take the liberty of posting a shipping address here.

Craig Bryant
c/o Galaxy Scientific Corporation
2296 Henderson Mill Road, Ste. 402
Atlanta, GA 30345

I've been sold on this game ever since finding the PDF flyer and sample rulebook pages on your website--I'm still very eager to play it myself.

Yours,

Craig

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:54 pm 

I'll take advantage of this topic to just say "Hey, Ken!", did you get my e-mail from Nov. 10, perchance? That's all, and thanks! Darell

Image copyright © 2002 Thomas Schmid

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:34 pm 

Ken,

I was away for the holidays and haven't checked the forums since my last post. I was hoping that my copy of AV:T would be waiting for me when I returned from my holiday vaacation, but I still haven't received a copy of the game (with defective rules or otherwise).

Ken, I sent you a PM with my address in it.

Thanks,

Kevin

Last edited by Kevin Casto on Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:49 pm 

If you're worried about posting your email address, keep the PM ("Private Message") button in mind and send the email to Ken that way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:53 pm 

James Sterrett wrote:
If you're worried about posting your email address, keep the PM ("Private Message") button in mind and send the email to Ken that way.

Yeah, I was thinking that there were "web-bots" that pick off e-mail addresses from forums and that using "AT" for "@" would be a little more protective, but your PM solution is best. I know his original caution was to mention not to type a physical address location, but typing his e-mail has its own dangers on the "modern" web. Sigh.

Image copyright © 2002 Thomas Schmid

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:47 am 

Thanks for the PM suggestion. That had even occured to me. I edited out my e-mail address from my previous post. But honestly, that was an older e-mail address that I only use for certain things. So I'm not too worried about it being posted on the Web.

Post subject: Checking back in...
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:43 am 

Ken,

It's been two months since we last talked about my order (1 copy of AV:T). I've still not received anything.

My schedule is pretty full at the moment, so my thinking is that I'd be content to consider my payment as an "advance order" for version 1.5.

Let me know if this works for you.

Yours,

Craig

Post subject: Re: Checking back in...
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:17 pm 

Craig Kenneth Bryant wrote:
Ken,

It's been two months since we last talked about my order (1 copy of AV:T). I've still not received anything.

My schedule is pretty full at the moment, so my thinking is that I'd be content to consider my payment as an "advance order" for version 1.5.

Let me know if this works for you.

Yours,

Craig

Craig - I have your order, and I'm literally going to be printing 1.5 as SOON as I get the corrected SSDs generated.

We're now at the point of killing minor bugs in the automated SSD generation tool; it's what I've been working on (with David Lang) since Saturday, and it's highly probable that I will be putting out 1.5 AV:Ts this week or early next.