Full name:  
Password:  
Register 
It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Author Message
 Post subject: Registering SITS
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:09 am
Posts: 198
Location: Tallahassee, FL
I put in the registration code you had written on my SITS rules, it registered as AV:T, which gets me a Daha and a Sao Paulo, but no SITS ships.

Not a biggy, if you could send me a corrected code when you have time I would appreciate it.

_________________
Roger Books


 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:34 pm
Posts: 345
Location: Vancouver, Canada
I just regged, got the same error. Very odd indeed.

_________________
Owner/Chief Engineer of Dollarton-Proxima Shipyards,
Location: Sinter Klaus Factory Complex, somewhere in the depths of Silesia


 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Registration Code
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:00 am
Posts: 5095
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Sylvester M. Wrzesinski wrote:
I just regged, got the same error. Very odd indeed.


Try it again, Roger. Sly, I'll go delete your second AV:T entry.

If you got a book with a hand written registration code, look at it very carefully.

_________________
Ken Burnside
President
Ad Astra Games


 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:34 pm
Posts: 345
Location: Vancouver, Canada
I'm reading the code very carefully, but it's quite legiably written (only a few letters are slightly ambigious), and thus I'm quite sure I'm plugging it in correctly. Now, however. all possible iterations are giving me an "Invalid Code" whereas I was earlier regging as a AV:T product.

Very odd.

(the O's with slashes through them are zeros, correct? I tested with and without in any case, no change in result)

_________________
Owner/Chief Engineer of Dollarton-Proxima Shipyards,
Location: Sinter Klaus Factory Complex, somewhere in the depths of Silesia


 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:00 am
Posts: 5095
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Sylvester M. Wrzesinski wrote:
I'm reading the code very carefully, but it's quite legiably written (only a few letters are slightly ambigious), and thus I'm quite sure I'm plugging it in correctly. Now, however. all possible iterations are giving me an "Invalid Code" whereas I was earlier regging as a AV:T product.

Very odd.

(the O's with slashes through them are zeros, correct? I tested with and without in any case, no change in result)


O-with-slash is a zero.

_________________
Ken Burnside
President
Ad Astra Games


 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:34 pm
Posts: 345
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Sorry to bug you Ken, but it's still rejecting the code. and I'm -sure- that I'm entering it right. It's very clear, and I can't see how I'm mis-reading it. I can scan the code in and email the scan to you, if it's an issue.

_________________
Owner/Chief Engineer of Dollarton-Proxima Shipyards,
Location: Sinter Klaus Factory Complex, somewhere in the depths of Silesia


 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:42 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:00 am
Posts: 5095
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Sylvester M. Wrzesinski wrote:
Sorry to bug you Ken, but it's still rejecting the code. and I'm -sure- that I'm entering it right. It's very clear, and I can't see how I'm mis-reading it. I can scan the code in and email the scan to you, if it's an issue.


Send me your serial number by email (typing it in) and I will A) test it on the code that validates it and B) if it fails, send you a new one from the bottom of the list.

_________________
Ken Burnside
President
Ad Astra Games


 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:09 am
Posts: 198
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Ken Burnside wrote:
Sylvester M. Wrzesinski wrote:
Sorry to bug you Ken, but it's still rejecting the code. and I'm -sure- that I'm entering it right. It's very clear, and I can't see how I'm mis-reading it. I can scan the code in and email the scan to you, if it's an issue.


Send me your serial number by email (typing it in) and I will A) test it on the code that validates it and B) if it fails, send you a new one from the bottom of the list.


I'm having the same problem. I'll forward the code also.

_________________
Roger Books


 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:34 pm
Posts: 345
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Emailed in about a week ago. Curious if you've tested the code or anysuch.

_________________
Owner/Chief Engineer of Dollarton-Proxima Shipyards,
Location: Sinter Klaus Factory Complex, somewhere in the depths of Silesia


 Profile  
 
 Post subject: AAAARRRRGGGHHH :)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:09 am
Posts: 198
Location: Tallahassee, FL
So I finally figured out my registration code. What I thought was a 6 or a 0 or a 1 turns out to be a C. Yes! Now I can download.

Except I cannot get anything. I am presented a list of ships but when I click on, for instsance, the Sultan, the cursor flashes briefly and nothing happens. I've tried with Firefox on my Sun Workstation and IE on my Windows box.

Any suggestions?

_________________
Roger Books


 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: AAAARRRRGGGHHH :)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:23 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:00 am
Posts: 5095
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Roger Books wrote:
So I finally figured out my registration code. What I thought was a 6 or a 0 or a 1 turns out to be a C. Yes! Now I can download.

Except I cannot get anything. I am presented a list of ships but when I click on, for instsance, the Sultan, the cursor flashes briefly and nothing happens. I've tried with Firefox on my Sun Workstation and IE on my Windows box.

Any suggestions?


We just changed servers/DNS propogation. Let me ask the code maintainer to see if that would have broken something.

_________________
Ken Burnside
President
Ad Astra Games


 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Accessing new ship types
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:30 pm
Posts: 8
Location: Bristol, UK
Quote:
Except I cannot get anything. I am presented a list of ships but when I click on, for instsance, the Sultan, the cursor flashes briefly and nothing happens. I've tried with Firefox on my Sun Workstation and IE on my Windows box.


I've had exactly the same problem. Glad (in a schadenfreude sort of way!) that is isn't just me!


 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: AAAARRRRGGGHHH :)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:09 am
Posts: 198
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Ken Burnside wrote:
Roger Books wrote:
So I finally figured out my registration code. What I thought was a 6 or a 0 or a 1 turns out to be a C. Yes! Now I can download.

Except I cannot get anything. I am presented a list of ships but when I click on, for instsance, the Sultan, the cursor flashes briefly and nothing happens. I've tried with Firefox on my Sun Workstation and IE on my Windows box.

Any suggestions?


We just changed servers/DNS propogation. Let me ask the code maintainer to see if that would have broken something.


I don't know what was done but it worked. :D

Just FYI, I would be willing to pay US $0.50-$1 per ship to have them done in PDFs like the Sultan. The ships look much better printed out rather than photo-copied. I know you have licensing issues but once AV:T arrives I would vote with my money the same way there. It's also nice to print double-sided, flavor text on one side, SSD on the other.

_________________
Roger Books


 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:37 am
Posts: 11
Location: St. Louis, MO
Let me add my support to Mr. Brooks's suggestion for having the ship sheets available as PDFs. This would be extreamly useful for things such as demos, and running events at Conventions...

Just a thought.

_________________
Jon Green
-- Look upon my works ye mighty and be mildly disquieted.


 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:42 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:00 am
Posts: 5095
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Jon Green wrote:
Let me add my support to Mr. Brooks's suggestion for having the ship sheets available as PDFs. This would be extreamly useful for things such as demos, and running events at Conventions...

Just a thought.


We will be doing this for AV:T when 1.5 is done. We have some things to wrangle with the licensor for doing it with SITS.

_________________
Ken Burnside
President
Ad Astra Games


 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron







Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
mile200 v1.0 desgined by CodeMiles Team (msi_333)