Full name:  
Password:  
Register 
It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Ad Astra Kickstarter Project
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:15 am 

I am looking at using Kickstarter to do a few things for Ad Astra that aren't...quite...in the realm of "products we can do through distribution"

Here's what I'm considering:

For $5, you get a preview PDF of all 15 of the ships in Attack Vector: Ship Book 2.

For $10, you get listed as a faculty member of the Department of Nerf Computing, the PDF mentioned above, and the desktop wallpaper of our "Rise Above…" tee shirt.

For $25, you get everything listed above, and your very own Nerf Astrogation Computer.

For $25, you can get the tee shirt design – "Rise Above Two Dimensional Thinking." Use this one to add a tee shirt to another order. (I'll have a test render of the design up late on Wednesday)

For $50, you get the PDF, the faculty member listing, the selection of desktop wallpapers, the tee shirt and two Nerf Astrogational Computers. (Experience has shown that it's really useful to have them in pairs).

For $75, you get everything listed at the $50 level, and one of four ships (two Altiplanine Ricardo Robinsons, two Medinan Puyraz) will be named after you. They will also appear in a scenario. Your name may be altered to fit the language of the space faring force we assign it to. You will also get two signed copies of Ship Book 2 when it comes out.

For $300, you'll be the keel plate owner of a ship class. You get everything in the $75 package, but we will rename the Michael Mallet class of spaceship after you so that your name is the name of the ship class. When that class of ship is made into miniatures, the master for that miniature will be sent to you once Reaper has it in production.

I am still working out the fundraising target number for this.

I also won't start this until AFTER I've got the problem with reg numbers fixed.

Post subject: Re: Ad Astra Kickstarter Project
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:16 pm 

Tom Evans came up with two more items for the Kickstarter list:

AV:T AVID cards laser-sublimated (both sides) into 20 gauge aluminum. Here's the suggestion on the benefits.

For $100, you get everything listed at the $50 level, and you get two AVID cards (one of each color) that have been color laser-etched into 20 gauge brushed aluminum. 

For $200, you get everything at the $100 level, but get a full set of 8 AVID cards (four of each color) to replace the ones in your boxed set.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 11:04 pm 

What is a Nerf Astrogation Computer?

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 12:59 am 

Richard Bing wrote:
What is a Nerf Astrogation Computer?

A custom printed/molded Nerf stress ball with all of the AVID windows marked, with two hoops of acrylic with the AVID orientation symbols on them at 90 degree intervals.

Squeeze ball, rotate it inside the hoops until two of the symbols are on the right AVID windows and the other four will ALSO be in the right AVID windows. It makes orienting your ship on the AVID really easy to visualize and is a great boon for teaching new players AVID-based games.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 10:51 pm 

Brilliant!

I look forward to the Kickstarter -- and the Ship Book.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:56 pm 

So, I never noticed this thread when it was new-- I don't often look in this particular subforum, honestly-- but I see there's not been much activity on this in a while. Is this kickstarter idea still in progress, or is it something that's had to be let go? I ask only because it's something I would definitely contribute to.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:15 am 

James LaRue wrote:
So, I never noticed this thread when it was new-- I don't often look in this particular subforum, honestly-- but I see there's not been much activity on this in a while. Is this kickstarter idea still in progress, or is it something that's had to be let go? I ask only because it's something I would definitely contribute to.

Ditto! Very much interested in this.

Scott Chisholm

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:43 pm 

It is contingent on me getting some projects done, which keep slacking because I have to write other things to pay the bills.

It's still there. There's also a proposal on the table for an AVID app for Android/iOS Android Tablets that could be funded for a similar Kickstarter. They might even be combineable...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:08 pm 

Any movement on this?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:18 pm 

When I can say more rather than allude to more, I shall.

However, there may be some kicking starting about a cross platform application people are awaiting AVIDly....