Full name:  
Password:  
Register 
It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Good News Bad News
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:26 am 

Good News: I finally got a copy of SITS.

Bad News: It is not the one that I ordered from Ad Astra. I finally got tired of waiting and no responses to email sent to the company and ordered it from another internet retailer. Ordered on 1/18, recieved on 1/20.

I am honestly very dissatisfied with the service Mr. Burnside. I placed an order on the 27th of November and short of semi-vague announcements in various threads on the forums have not heard anything since. Keep in mind, I PAID via paypal at the time of purchase. Ad Astra has had my money for almost two months without fulfillment of the order. Email sent to various addresses inquiring about the status of my order has gone unanswered.

I understand that there have been production and shipping delays. For a small company, that often is the case and can be tolerated with adaquate communication to the customers. The lack of communication to a paying customer is what is really got me in a twist though. The only email that I have recieved from Ad Astra/Final Sword was a shipping notification for someone in Washington State. I live in Tennessee.

At this point, I'm hoping that my Ad Astra copy shows up in time for me to give it to my brother as a welcome home gift when he returns from Bagdad, in six months.

If my card were not charged prior to shipping, that would be fine.
If my order was shipped in a reasonable period of time, that would be fine.
If the website reflected that SITS was essentially out of stock at the time of order, I would have held off and ordered when it was in stock and that would have been fine.

None of these things were the case. I'm dissappointed. I'm irritated. I feel like this is the only venue with a chance of actually being seen and responded to.

As of right now, you have probably lost a repeat customer which is a shame because the game looks absolutely fantastic and I would have liked to see what else came of the series.

Post subject: Good to hear
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:29 pm 

Mike,

I am really sorry to hear that you have had such bad luck with Ad Astra though I hope you will take heart in knowing you have helped others out. I have been lurking on the site for awhile and was finally thinking of ordering a copy of SITS. After seeing the problems you have been having and reading between the lines else where I think that I shall take my business other places.

Marcel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:09 pm 

It's unfortunate, but problems like this happen. Through no fault of ken's (Or Ad Astra in general) I waited nearly three months for my copy of Attack Vector. That was through an online store, whom I chose for the highly pragmatic reason that they had it for significantly cheaper than I could have bought it directly.

Mind you, that's not a mistake I'll make again, I have recently commited to order whatever I can through my local store. This is because (also out of pure pragmatism) I rather *like* my local store, and its owner, and will support them wherever possible. After all, it's kind of hard tfor someone like me to play anywhere but a game store, with their gaming tables, and a supply of new victi- erm.. I mean *players* I can teach.

My own copy of SITS will be on order within the next month, and I hope to have it by my birthday.

To be perfectly blunt, I've never had much luck ordering direct from *any* game company. I don't want this to sound blunt or abrasive, but frankly I'm too tired to word it any other way. I'd suggest you not take your frustrations out on Ken, who is swamped with other projects (Like AV:T 1.5, the first Nexus journal, and, hopefully ship book 2,) or his depressingly small staff who are quite busily trying to make the SITS distribution run as smoothly as possible.

They're humans. Humans make mistakes.

If you're satisfied with your product, but dissatisfied with service, order stuff through your local game store. They'll be happy for the business, and you'll get a product you'll likely enjoy (hopefully *at* said LGS, showing more people what a cool game it is, who will then be convinced to grab a copy.)

Hehe... can you tell I'm a little obsessive about my game store? :D

-Schlock Mercenary

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:23 pm 

Brian,

I agree with you completely. However, Mike made an excellent point in that he apparently paid up front for a product which was not forthcoming.

While I think the venue might not have been the one I would have used, Mike's post provides useful feedback that Ken and Company should take a hard look at incorporating.

Someone in a different thread suggested that Ad Astra should provide information on their web site that speaks to product availability, perhaps in a What's New section. That could go a long way towards avoiding the unnecessary disenchantment of potential customer. A store owner once told me that a happy customer tells a friend, while an unhappy customer tells 10 friends. I believe Mike and Marcel's posts validate that sentiment.

As for me, I have no money invested in AV:T as my store does not accept payment in advance. So, while I am disappointed at the wait, I have no problem waiting.

For Ken and Company, I respect what you are doing, and encourage you to keep at it. We have very few "normal" games in our house, and those that we do have act as cushions for the "non-normal" games we play. I have a copy of Monopoly that is just aching to have a AV:T box sit on it! :D

Scott Chisholm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:57 pm 

This is not an excuse...

However, we've been dealing with a very high amount of personal chaos in this.

It worked a LOT better when I was in Wisconsin. If Scott got sick, I could go over and pack games. (In fact, I usually packed games, and Scott helped).

We are looking into ways to fix this (including moving Scott and I back into the same apartment complex in the forseeable future).

Post subject: Local Game Store/ Internet Stores/ Direct from Company
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:31 am 

I would love to be able to patronize a local game store. Any local game store. Unfortunately the greater Memphis area has none of them. The last one closed up shop almost a year ago. So I am relegated to internet patronage where service matters.

In the effort of full disclosure, when I opened my email this morning, I found a shipping notice from UPS. My Ad Astra copy of the game has shipped. Thank you to Ad Astra for trying to make things right by a disgruntled customer.

Post subject: Re: Local Game Store/ Internet Stores/ Direct from Company
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:55 am 

Mike Sisson wrote:
I would love to be able to patronize a local game store. Any local game store. Unfortunately the greater Memphis area has none of them. The last one closed up shop almost a year ago. So I am relegated to internet patronage where service matters.

In the effort of full disclosure, when I opened my email this morning, I found a shipping notice from UPS. My Ad Astra copy of the game has shipped. Thank you to Ad Astra for trying to make things right by a disgruntled customer.

Mike - three things happened that caused confusion here.

0) Somewhere, in the bowels of PayPal, my original email address when setting up the account got locked into a field that could not be changed. I have fixed this, having spent 20 minutes on the phone doing so. This account was listed as the customer service address and has been dead for 5 years...but it's fixed now.

1) Somehow, we got your original shipping notice for an address in Washington state. The product got shipped there. We havn't gotten it back yet.

2) When we got an email from Mike Sisson asking about order status to Memphis, we had a Tim Sisson on file - your PayPal account does not have your name on it. The first email had no transaction ID on it, so we couldn't find the address.

So, from our side - we shipped to a guy named Mike Sisson in Washington. Got complaints from someone named Mike Sisson asking about an order to Memphis, and had no record of a Mike Sisson in Memphis to check back on.

Your original post was the only one that had the information I needed to track this down.

Post subject: On the plus side...
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:36 pm 

UPS delivered a day early and I have my copy in hand finally. Will be ordering more stuffs in a few days.

Looks wonderful, and I haven't even looked at the game parts yet.

Victoria