Password:  
Register 
It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Hey Ken!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:18 pm 

You utterly rock.

Allow me to share a story with anyone browsing these forums, especially with anyone who is looking to order from Ken, but might be slightly turned off by the threads asking for order updates and such...

I have a very very close friend who lives 3500 miles away (I'm in Orlando FL, he's in Seattle WA). We've dated in the past, and plan to do so again, and I've been looking for ways to show him how I feel, and quite simply to make him happy :) He and I call them "plots" and they can get quite intricate. Since he's such a big Harrington fan, and a big miniatures gamer, Ken's SITS with miniatures was the logical choice. I found out that my friend was planning to order SITS without miniatures around a certain date, so I contacted Ken on AIM and told him a little bit of our story. I asked him if I could order the miniatures, and have them shipped to my friend in the same box as his SITS order, so that when he gets his expected order, he'll also have the surprise of the miniatures.

Ken not only agreed, but went well above and beyond the call of duty at every stage, he was an enthusiastic helper from the very start, when he offered to include a personal card along with the order, which I promptly sent to him. Ken had the box all packed up, and we were playing the waiting game waiting for my friend's order, when... we hit a snag. My friend delayed placing his order, and Ken was leaving for this gaming convention, and while the box was already packed and ready to go (with a calendar thrown in for good measure... what a generous guy!) only the miniatures had actually been paid for. Showing what can only be termed a combination of guts and generosity, Ken went ahead and shipped the box out, trusting me to be able to maneauver my friend into placing his order. I managed to do so, hopefully without betraying the fact that I was "up to something", and Ken is now enjoying the convention with full peace of mind.

I can only hope that in my future "plots" I encounter people along the way who are as helpful, generous, and gutsy as Ken has proven to be. Anyone who reads this and has the pleasure of meeting Ken, give him a hug just for me ;)

Now, go forth and order! For ye shall not regret it :D

Post subject: The Victim! Recipient?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:27 pm 

I'm the recipient of Ken's kindness. On top of that, I'm also now the owner (through purchase) of a copy of SITS, which I'm rapidly delving in to. I can finally play out some of the battles I've read about in the books, and am quite happy.

I owe a fair deal to Liz for creating this possibility, and a great deal to Ken for making it happen. Thank you both, you truely are wonderful people.