Password:  
Register 
It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: 1.5 AT:V upgrade order status
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:52 pm 

Hi Ken,

Sent an email a few weeks ago about a 1.5 AT:V upgrade order and did not hear a response - trying the forum as this seems to work (hope you don't mind)

Sent a order for the upgrade on 23 Feb 06 via paypal. Transaction ID is 4MF51394CX145230T

Asked it to ship to:

David Markowitz
4000 Cathedral Ave, Apt 11-B
Washington, DC 20016

Was wondering the status - realize that it appears that some of the paypal orders get lost in the shuffle.

Thanks, great product,

Dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:44 am 

Hi Ken,

Any news?

Dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:11 am 

David Markowitz wrote:
Hi Ken,

Any news?

Dave

David, Ken keeps busy and it's possible he isn't reading all of the topics. Since I've noticed that it's been awhile since you've had a reply, you might use a "knock on the door" approach and use the PM (Private Message) feature to contact him successfully. I know Ken isn't ignoring you, he just keeps a lot of irons in multiple fires. :wink: .

Image copyright © 2002 Thomas Schmid

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:31 pm 

david,

i'm in the same boat as you right now. i think this has something to do with it. ;-)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:23 pm 

I'll add this as well:
You might not get a reply for a few days, as it seems Ken is out on a business trip. I'm very confident that he will contact you when he gets back, Dave.

Dan, was this what you were trying to inducate?

Image copyright © 2002 Thomas Schmid

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 2:56 pm 

Hi Ken,

I placed an order on 4 April for the 1.5 rules and the updated SSDs. May I get an order status check? Sorry to bother you about this, but there was no response to the email I sent last week.

Thanks,
Tom C.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 2:58 pm 

Tom Cleaveland wrote:
Hi Ken,

I placed an order on 4 April for the 1.5 rules and the updated SSDs. May I get an order status check? Sorry to bother you about this, but there was no response to the email I sent last week.

Thanks,
Tom C.

Tom, things have been chaotic here with packing up for the move.

I am trying to get another shipping day scheduled for either Monday or Tuesday of next week, and get everything caught up then.

I have your order on file.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 7:38 pm 

Thanks Ken. Sorry for the distraction.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 11:34 pm 

It would be nice to at least get an acknowledgment of some sort. I placed an order on March 19th and heard nothing. I've sent inquires on April 28th and May 11th and have heard nothing. After reading through these forums this problem does not seem to be too uncommon. Regardless of the reasons, this is not a good way to conduct business and I hope that some progress is being made to turn this around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 12:51 am 

Steve Bollenbaugh wrote:
It would be nice to at least get an acknowledgment of some sort. I placed an order on March 19th and heard nothing. I've sent inquires on April 28th and May 11th and have heard nothing. After reading through these forums this problem does not seem to be too uncommon. Regardless of the reasons, this is not a good way to conduct business and I hope that some progress is being made to turn this around.

Steve - this is entirely my fault; I've fallen dreadfully behind.

After June 1, Ad Astra will be my sole job, and this should improve dramatically. Right now, I'm trying to:

A) Coordinate packing of four households in three states, including mine.
B) Finish out my tasks at ADB so I can move.
C) Coordinate commercial space and moving trucks
D) Figure out if I will actually GET the components out of Reaper to make minis boxes.
E) Finish off Nexus Journal
F) Sort out what has, and has not been shipped, from which state.

I beg for your forgiveness, and I will do my best to get this straightened out before I leave...but the truth of the matter is that I've got (roughly) one more day of "pack games for shipping" and I'm trying to make it as late next week as I can, so that when nothing can be shipped everyone that i know about has been taken care of.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 6:10 pm 

Hi Ken

Thanks for the update (still have not received)

Understand its busy, but these posts explaining where you are are very helpful.

Dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 1:30 am 

I also appreciate the explanation, however it would leave me me with mixed feelings without the mention of June 1st. I've been annoyed of course since the lack of response from Ad Astra makes me wonder if they got my order via PayPal and if they did, whether or not my order was lost some place. Within the past year I've had to go back to my bank a couple of times to get VISA charges reversed when companies charged my card but didn't come through. In both cases, had they been communicative I would have been more patient.

I saw a Tom Peters video seminar on customer service last year that discussed this and presented some amazing numbers on the amount of repeat business a company can gain by communicating even if the communication is not what the customer wants to hear. When you're having difficulty filling orders for whatever reason the most important thing you can do is communicate. Forums are one venue for this as done in this instance but its not particularly satisfactory for the reason mentioned above. If Ad Astra can't respond to individual emails then keeping a list of customers with pending orders and periodically just sending an email note to the list to let people know they've not be forgotten would be one possible option in working towards good customer service.

The other feeling I have when I see a lack of communication is concern for the long-term health of the company since this is indicative of a number of possible problems. My primary free time interest has not been wargaming for a number of years now (I spent about 25 years involved with Navy air warfare analysis and wargaming and that was pretty much enough) but I bought Attack Vector: Tactical because of what I had heard of its innovations and have not been disappointed. I think it deserves to receive wide recognition and to be around for a long time. Needless to say, good customer service/communication is one of the key ingredients in making this happen.

I hope that June does bring improvements. I can certainly wait until June or July for my order as long as I know its coming. In the meantime, it would appear that some business creativity might be needed (I'm sure there are other options to my email list suggestion) and depending on Ad Astra's needs maybe some of the load can be shared for a time by volunteers. I know most companies don't really like this option but a good fan base will have those who are more than happy for the opportunity to support a good cause.

Post subject: status?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:26 am 

Hi Ken,

Was wondering on the printing status - do you have an estimate as to when you might be ready to ship?

Thanks,

Dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:29 am 

David, we're processing orders as quickly as we can...and are going through them roughly chronologically, oldest out the door first.

I expect to be completely caught up by the end of the week.

Post subject: status?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:22 pm 

Hi Ken

Was wondering how the orders are going - saw the sticky with outgoing packages from the 9th-12th - do you know when you will get to the 1.5 upgrades? Received the email about the pdf ship SSDs was waiting for the rulebook

Thanks,

Dave