Full name:  
Password:  
Register 
It is currently Tue May 21, 2019 9:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Which adapters to purchase for miniatures
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:56 pm 

I'm painting up some AV:T miniatures right now and would like to use them in game, however, I'm a little bit confused as to which adapter parts to order for the miniatures. My questions are:

- Do I need the Basic Adapters, Small Connectors, and Angle Adapter sets listed in the product store?

- What about the 180 degree adapters? A little searching turns up Rattle Head Games. Are they a viable source for these?

Any other tips for using miniatures in game are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Eric

Post subject: Re: Which adapters to purchase for miniatures
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:35 pm 

Eric Neilson wrote:
I'm painting up some AV:T miniatures right now and would like to use them in game, however, I'm a little bit confused as to which adapter parts to order for the miniatures. My questions are:

- Do I need the Basic Adapters, Small Connectors, and Angle Adapter sets listed in the product store?

- What about the 180 degree adapters? A little searching turns up Rattle Head Games. Are they a viable source for these?

Any other tips for using miniatures in game are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Eric

Hi Eric - here's what you'd want:

1 "single set" of bases - this is enough for a 4x4 fight
2 sets of "basic adapters" - this is enough cups for all 8 of your bases, and plugs for 8 miniatures.
1 set of angle adapters - this is enough for a 2v2 fight, and will probably work for a 3v3 fight in most cases
1 set of inverter adapters - this is enough for a 2v2 fight, or a 3v3 fight, and combined with the angle adapters, should get you to 4v4 in most cases.

If you have more than 8 minis, you'll want to buy bags of the small adapters so you can put the magnetic plugs in more minis.

We do sell the inverters at the same price Rattlehead does, but they're apparently hidden on the cart - Sam Pray is at a convention this weekend and will be back next week; I'll make sure he knows to turn those to visible when he gets back.

Post subject: Re: Which adapters to purchase for miniatures
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:13 pm 

Thanks Ken. I have my order queued up and just waiting for Sam to turn on the inverters. I'll be ordering the 2.0 Deluxe edition as well. I'm looking forward to getting back into the game - with miniatures!

Eric