Full name:  
Password:  
Register 
It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Planetary maps
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:20 pm 

I have a nagging feeling I've asked about this before, but I forgot the answer and I can't find it in a forum search. (Maybe I asked on SFconsim-l?)

I'm also not sure if it belongs here or in "Hey, Ken!"

Anyways, on the universe page, it says:

"In further support of the Ten Worlds Project, we have maps a plenty. Samples (low res, so poor printing) are linked in below:

All planetary maps are done with a consistent hex scale -- yes, Pacifica really does have that much more surface area than Schwarzvaal."

However, the only maps on that page are Altiplano and Damso, and neither has hexes. This is somewhat disappointing. I'd like to know exactly how much more surface area Pacifica has than Schwarzvaal. (Of course, I could probably figure it out on my own from the setting booklet, but...)

Post subject: Re: Planetary maps
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:05 pm 

Jon Brase wrote:
I have a nagging feeling I've asked about this before, but I forgot the answer and I can't find it in a forum search. (Maybe I asked on SFconsim-l?)

I'm also not sure if it belongs here or in "Hey, Ken!"

Anyways, on the universe page, it says:

"In further support of the Ten Worlds Project, we have maps a plenty. Samples (low res, so poor printing) are linked in below:

All planetary maps are done with a consistent hex scale -- yes, Pacifica really does have that much more surface area than Schwarzvaal."

However, the only maps on that page are Altiplano and Damso, and neither has hexes. This is somewhat disappointing. I'd like to know exactly how much more surface area Pacifica has than Schwarzvaal. (Of course, I could probably figure it out on my own from the setting booklet, but...)

What needs to happen is that I need to find the time to do these up at some point, and turn them into a product, now that we have internal color printing. The map parts are done; it's the ancilliary information that I need to layer in around them that gets tedious.

Post subject: Re: Planetary maps
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:39 pm 

Are you talking about laying out stuff you've already thought up, or thinking it up?

In any case, the big attraction for me is the map itself, especially if it can be folded up into a nice little icosahedron.