Full name:  
Password:  
Register 
It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:10 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Battle Skies
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 2:17 pm 

Coming soon from Final Sword Productions - Battle Skies:Dragons. Battle Skies uses the same stacking tiles and tilt block set up that is used in SITS, AVT, and Squadron Strike. The rules are simpler, and we've had test players from 13 to 65 enjoy the game.

Pre-order link will be live May 15th with a retail price of $60.

Fight, Fly, Win!

Battle Skies - 3d Table Top Fantasy Aerial Combat game launching June 12th 2014 at Fargo Core Con!
For thousands of years the Dragons have ruled the world of Erien, but their domain has become infested by other races - Elves, Dwarves, Fae, and worst of all, humankind. The Dragon’s have done what they can to slow the process but the humans bred like rabbits and the other races weren't much better. It didn’t take long for the inevitable conflict over resources to begin and the Dragons soon realized that they didn’t stand a chance against the combined strength of the new races. Those Dragons that survived are now forced to fight amongst themselves for food, a home, breeding grounds and anything else they want.
They have taken to the skies to battle it out with others of their kind, knowing only the strongest amongst them will survive to become the lords of the skies.

In Battle Skies:Dragons, players take on the role of Dragons as they battle against one another in the skies over Erien. For the sake of survival and pride, they must have the best feeding grounds available even if it means fighting other dragons to get it. The game uses a system where at the start of each turn the players plot out their dragon’s movement for the turn. Movement is truly 3D allowing the dragons to fly up, down, left, right or any combination of directions. Elevation is tracked with stacking tiles and turns are shown with angled tilt blocks. Then with a bit of luck as their plans unfold on the game map their plans will have put them in to a better position to strike either with breath weapon or claw.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Battle Skies
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 9:47 pm 

And it's live - well, pre-order status at least!

http://store.genreconnections.com/battle-skies-1/

Use this code to gain free US shipping:49C7459A25FD512

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 5:22 pm 

Will I be able to order this through my FLGS? If I want to run demos, I should probably buy my copy there. :)

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 5:56 pm 

They're more than welcome to order directly from us for any of our games. If they already order from Warpath it would be easy to add Battle Skies to an order.

If not, our minimum order for any store is 1... So, we're very easy to get along with that way.

If you're interested in taking information into the store, we have posters we can print out and send to either you, or the game store in question.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:43 pm 

This sounds interesting.

Is there anything like the AVID?

What are 'typical' speeds for the dragons?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:28 pm 

Battle Skies doesn't use the AVID. The only aspects the game uses from current Ad Astra line of products are the stacking tiles and tilt blocks.

Right now there are only 7 pre-generated dragons so giving a typical speed wouldn't really be accurate at this time, as it would change with each new dragon added to the game - and yes expansions are already in the works.

From the designer, Cliff Stornel.

"Each dragon has a flight speed which is the maximum safe speed they can fly at. They can push that to much higher speeds by accelerating at the start of each turn (At the start of each turn dragons can increase or decrease the speed based on their Accel/Decel) or by diving over the course of the turn. A flight check is needed for every 1 hex they move beyond their safe speed.

I think really it would depend on the game but if I had to say an average speed that most players tend to fly at I would guess between 6-8. That is only based on observation and guess work not any practical math.

I've seen players move their dragon's slowly going only 2 hexes in a turn, and I have seen them power dive and crank their speeds up to 13-14. It becomes something of a question of your style of play.

Currently a dragons flight speed range from 10 - 7 depending on size and age.

However, you can build your own dragons with the rules in the main set. A typical speed is more a question of a players style of play. Do you want to move 2 hexes in a turn or do you want to push it and try and move 14."

Profile E-mail